28 January 2017

Helping out at the Weaving Workshop // Stitch-Up, Leeds


Last weekend I leant a helping hand to Lucy Beggs in her weaving workshop organised by Stitch-Up, held in their wonderful new workshop space right over there even more wonderful shop in Thorntons Arcade in the centre of Leeds.

I had a run through of the weaving process with Lucy a week ahead of the workshop, she taught me the ways of the looms, to know my rya from my pile weave. Lucy was a GREAT teacher; showing thrifty techniques to get yourself weaving without wincing at the cost! Giving amazing tips like using ready made frames and drift-wood hangers scavenged from beaches. Annnnddddd, it is safe to say I am absolutely hooked on weaving.





My favourite thing about helping out with the class was seeing everyones totally unique creations; even though everyone had access to the same materials and were tough each weave type in the same way, everyone choose their own unique colour pallets and built their pieces up in their own styles. So inspiring!

Find Lucys work on instagram // & stocked in the Stitch-Up shop, 7 Thorntons Arcade, Leeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock