23 March 2015

The Hepworth Print Fair.


Recently I have really gotten into print-making! Textiles mainly but also lino cutting, stencils, stamp making and screen printing. I’m having an awesome time learning and playing around with different techniques. Sooo, when my friend decided to go to a print fair as part of her birthday trip I was extremely excited!

The print fair was in the Hepworth Gallery which is in Wakefield, a short train ride from Leeds. I’ve never been before and, seeing as one of my 2015 goals was to visit more galleries and museums, it was perfect. The Hepworth is in kind of a weird place, closely surrounded my busy roads but nestled on the river Calder where it is surprisingly tranquil. We went into this amazing warehouse room, separate from the main gallery, where the fair was held and it was packed with stalls!

I was secretly hoping to find some hand-printed fabric so I was kind of disappointed that the only fabric there was already made into things; cushions, bags, purses etc. But, there was a super wide range of stuff up for sale; beautiful framed prints, tea towels, totes (the best!), some zines, some candels, badges, notepads, cards. Some of favourite things were from Laura Slater who I’ve admired online for a while; she does these super simple abstract patterns which I really love! But I forgot to make a note of a lot of the names of the artists, which was pretty stupid.

The whole fair was great. It’s so nice to actually see things in real life rather than just on an online store. You really can’t appreciate how beautifully made things are without seeing them in the flesh. I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes out for more like this, and hopefully I’ll actually buy something next time.

I absolutely loved this pop up 'window box' from Rachel Sim ^^

 vv Kind of sad I didn't get the 'Fight like a Girl' print! vv
vv How cute are the hanging birds! I didn't catch who made them anyone know!?

____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving your thoughts. I love to hear what you all think and I do read every single one soooo if you have a question, feel free to ask!

chloe x

Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY, Coffee // By The Lock Lifestyle Blog // Nature, DIY and Coffee // By The Lock